View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #136
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathknight View Post
Geekmaster, if you're stilll there, I'd like just a little more help. I mentioned I had two bricked Kindle's. I can't get the second one unbricked because it isn't running the RUNME.sh file. If you have any suggestions, I would appreciate it.
If you can access it as a USB drive, add ENABLE_DIAGS, and the data.tar.gz file from the "SelectBoot" thread, and your RUNME.sh, and delete any RUNME.done, then reboot.

If you boot to diags, you can export the USB drive from a menu item and access it as a USB drive from a host PC.

If it runs, there will be a new RUNME.done file. There is a sample RUNME.done in the "SelectBoot" thread that displays stuff on the eInk display so you know immediately if it ran.

You can also run it with no ENABLE_DIAGS file, in which case it boots to main before running, instead of diags.

Or instead of using a RUNME.sh script, you can use fastboot to flash a diags partition that enables SSH, then mount the main partition and repair it from an SSH shell from the diags menu.

When restoring partitions to a /dev/mmc* device, you should always boot from the OTHER partition. Do no write to the raw device that you booted from.

At this time, this is probably the easier and simplest method:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170929

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-08-2012 at 01:46 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote