View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #15
altworld
Evangelist
altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android G1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
This is their biggest weakness, trying to reach them about anything takes a very long time.

But yes, right now Smashwords is the best I have found for getting your book out in the non-kindle world. They are working with Amazon to add the Kindle, but because of how slow Smashwords moves, I likely will continue to handle Kindle directly even should they get it working someday.

I find their style guide works great for putting my ebooks on any store (Google, Amazon, Bookiejar, etc) and once you get the hang of it passing their meatgrinder is a non-event. Ive not had a manuscript rejected in a while.
The biggest hurdle is the formatting of your manuscript to the recommended guidelines, but really that just comes down to common sense and clean simple layouts. I've got books from narrative prose through to illustrated stories through the Meatgrinder, it really is fairly simple to master.

So if you want a non-hassle way of getting into the iBookstore, Kobo and the Sony eReader then this is the way to do it. Also if you outside the USA its the best way to get into B&N too.

When it comes to your work its about availability of it on multiple devices, and for that Smashwords is the answer.

However doing your laundry, or fixing that leaky pipe... Smashwords isn't the answer
altworld is offline   Reply With Quote