View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005, 10:19 AM   #3
johnsoax
Connoisseur
johnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it is

Device: TT3(Home)&Dell x50(Work)
I have no problem with companies making money on thier products, but a line must be drawn somewhere.
For instance, Mickey Mouse should be public domain now. I'm sorry that the Disney Corporation built thier business around him, but they keep lobbying for a law change everytime his cartoons are up for expiration.

Also, I can't stand that they "put the movies into the vault". They are purposefully making their product scarce, and when the copyright comes up for expiration, they just lobby for a law change, then bring out the movies for a whole new generation to buy.

CD's cost too much. They just want to keep their profits high against the laws of economics, so they get the government to prop up their rights with extra time/protections. The publishers make more than the artists. I would rather buy my music digitally straight from the artist.
johnsoax is offline   Reply With Quote