View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 09:51 AM   #2
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
For output format I use either jpg or tif, and I found out that it looks better than bmp and easier to manipulate if you do not want to ocr but build yourself a picture book which can be read by anything that reads embedded pictures (Fbreader, Ebk1150...)

For ocr'ing text grayscale does not work well for me, b&w is crisper and ocr's well. For covers or stuff with pictures like documents, diplomas... grayscale is indeed better. Since I have a b&w laser printer only, color is not that useful for me (though sometimes it enhances some documents, but scanning in color is very slow).
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote