View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Document transferred to the K marked "read-only" Wassup?

I frequently send my own documents to the Kindle via email/USB transfer. Today I sent an updated version of an existing document. The email from Amazon came back as usual, I saved the file, and when I tried to drag it to the Documents subfolder of the Kindle, I kept getting a message that it was "read-only" and could not be transferred.

When I checked the attributes of the file, it definitely was not read-only. I broke down and attached it and paid my $0.15 to have it sent via Whispernet, and it arrived perfectly OK. The very same document that previously via the free email was marked read-only.

I have transferred docs many times via the free email with no problem. Any clue what happened this time?
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote