View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 06:51 AM   #3
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
As a BeBook owner, I'd say that there is an issue with your display; mine shows a clear background at all times (it is close to white, doesn't show any random dots even under magnification), and never shows ghosting. Can you post a photo, others may also be able to comment.
If it is an issue with the display, it's not an isolated one. I'm on my second display for my V3 (the first one broke on me), and I have the same issues: the screen has those tiny black dots (significantly smaller than a pixel, looks kinda like fine charcoal dust) making it less bright and contrasty than it could be, and there is noticeable ghosting. My first screen had no ghosting that I can recall and was somewhat brighter, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
I can't comment on your comparison to the Sony, but I find my BeBook to be very stable - maybe has needed rebooting a few times (maybe 6) during the past 6 months.
There seems to be some persistent issue with FB2 in the V3 firmware. It is at the same time one of the best supported formats on the device (formatting, TOC, etc.) and apparently one of the least stable ones (hangs, reboots, etc.)

The long wait for opening an FB2 is probably the reader software paginating the whole book. This takes a while, but you get accurate page numbers out of the deal, which IS kinda nice (and judging from the page numbering related complaints in the Sony and Cybook forums, not that common, either).
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote