Thread: Dictionaries
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
The morphems aren't strictly necessary, although they are helpful. They can be the most work to prepare, as you said. I'd get the rest working and leave the morphems.txt file for last, adding a few easy ones first, and then more complex ones as you get better at it. The collates.txt file is probably more important for a well functioning dictionary.

I've attached an English translation of the original Russian Instruction.rtf file that comes with the converter software. It gives some explanation of the various files. I've also attached the Finnish keyboard file found on the devices. You should probably delete the lines with numbers and symbols like "@#$..." since they aren't necessary for looking up words in the dictionary, and rename the file to keyboard.txt. Finally, I've attached the collates.txt for Polish. It's easier to just look at it and get the idea rather than try to get an explanation of the format of the collates.txt file. You can easily create your own files for Finnish and Dutch after that.

For all files, make sure that you use UTF-8 encoding when editing. This is very important.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Instruction.txt (3.1 KB, 983 views)
File Type: txt collates.txt (887 Bytes, 625 views)
File Type: txt FI.kbd.txt (427 Bytes, 434 views)
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote