View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 04:43 AM   #14
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshnryman View Post
I see where the problem lies - looks like I may be doomed to use Alt+M on all the books. Turns out the one thing missing from the filenames that would make calibre recognize Title/Author is a simple dash (eg Title-Author).
Sounds like you're on to something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshnryman View Post
I guess the only question I have left would then be: Is there a way to change the regular expression from (?P<title>.+) - (?P<author>[^_]+) to something that would recognize the Title+Author without the dash?
There has to be something that separates the title from the author. A simple space won't work because titles frequently have multiple words separated by a space and obviously virtually all authors have more than on name.

May someone can write an expression that breaks on the second space from the end. This way most authors would split correctly because they are two word names.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote