View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 12:58 AM   #80
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
I listed “other.” My best source is book reviews on NPR (radio wasn’t listed as an option on the survey) because they go into some depth and often include an interview with the author and they send me a list of recommendations via eMail every week. I also get some very good recommendations through my book club. Once a year the members each provide a list recommendations for the club to read next year although that may be listed under recommendations from friends. And the New York Times has given me some really good ideas. I’ve gotta quit. I actually use every one of the methods on your list. Plus the ones mentioned here that aren’t on the list. The biggest weakness in my search is the problem of finding indie authors. Amazon helps some with that as does the B&N book clubs or take my Nook to B&N and browse until I find a likely one then get a coffee and download the sample and buy it if it holds up. There's more but I really gotta quit.

My method of finding a good book has resulted in my getting an awful lot of books in my lifetime.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote