View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 02:04 AM   #67
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
While graphics make for a better cover, many of the books I have worked on are all text and graphics are of no importance.

That said, many of the current books I am working on for the near future are graphic intensive. Some have just ornate drop caps at the start of chapters while others are a tight combination of text and graphics. One, A Child's Garden of Verses, has many graphics that need to fit together tightly to produce the finished pages. (Even html2lrf is having trouble with this at the moment even when autorotate is turned off.) Others like the Beatrix Potter series are simply alternating text and graphics without any side-by-side of text and graphics.

So yes, the integration of graphics is a big deal for any tool that is used to produce LRF books.
Indeed! I tried to incorporate images because I wanted to read books to my children from the Reader. Children like pictures, which I guess is why Childrens' books have so many pictures!

The reason I asked about flow was because my abortive attempt only produced images at the end of the chapter (or page) -- not very flow-friendly. That didn't seem worthwhile, so I punted. I'd love to give it another shot, but I'd like to see what users are looking for so I can take that into account ahead of time.

That said, my main focus has been ease of use in producing "text" books, so images may be at cross purposes for pielrf.

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote