Thread: Clara HD Rapid page turns
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 09:00 AM   #21
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I never meant to imply that the A7 was older than the A9, it's indeed not . (For our purposes, a valid chronology would be A8 -> A9 -> A7).

Unfortunately, if you're concerned about how the CPU stands on its own, comparing the Kobo software to the Kindle SW is like comparing apples to oranges: A Kindle will *always* feel snappier.

You can put a Clara against a PW4, the PW4 will also trounce it, despite both running the same SoC.

As has been mentioned in this thread, things are better if you stick to KePubs, but, still, if you put both side-by-side, lab126 wins, no matter the SoC .

EDIT: That video also specifically tests the Manga reader, which is pathologically slow on Kobo, *much* more so than either of their ePub renderers.

EDITē: For people not running test benches, and actually using their device to read books, the behavior of a Kobo Mk.7 is perfectly fine in day to day usage.

Then again, I don't consider reading Manga/Comics on eInk a viable usecase, so, that punts off the worst offender to "don't care" territory for me .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-22-2019 at 09:10 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote