View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 05:23 AM   #19
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Although Wordpad preserves the line breaks, I think it adds a useless byte order mark when saving ASCII files, which means they are no longer ASCII files. This can trip up programs that expect plain ASCII input.
OK, I didn't know that. I have used WordPad to edit Unix-style text files a few times in the past without mishap, but better safe than sorry. Notepad++ it is then (it's my default text editor anyway, nowadays).
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote