View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 11:05 AM   #49
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmcg9 View Post
Atunah,
I did the test using your settings (bold 3, brightness 10, WiFi off, font#4).
After 209 minutes of reading, my Oasis is at 90% battery life, a stunning improvement. That extrapolates to 34.83 hours battery life, exponentially better than the 7.4 hrs to date, and exceeding Amazon’s specs (42 days, half hour a day, brightness 10, wireless and Bluetooth off). .
I am going to go out on a limb and assume brightness level was probably the major source of battery drain. Hopefully it wasn’t the 4 pt font!
So I will keep the Oasis. My big concern was having to carry a charger on weeklong trips.
Now I can safely leave the charger home, as long as I keep the brightness down.
Cheers, Joe
Very interesting. Thanks for all the testing, now I know bolding has no effect on it at all. I guess I just thought. I think you are right, the light is the big powerhog, next to bluetooth and wifi of course.
Of course its important if the light setting works for one. If I read outside, which I haven't done yet with my Oasis, I can probably turn off the light all together as I don't see it anyway on sunny days.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote