View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 01:00 AM   #55
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Trebor, good point. [Edit3: Thank you. ]

It's not simple, plus it seems difficult at first not to get boggled in complexity. How about if I recast the use of Keep It Simple, Stupid (KISS) as follows. I make it apply only to me, not anyone else. I don't mind being called or labeled stupid (unless by a loved one). I act stupid often.

Edit. Never mind, I changed the title. "Stupid" went away.

Edit2. Let me amend that to: It seemed difficult at first not to get boggled in complexity, speaking as a new user who got boggled in complexity. But maybe I shouldn't generalize that too much to other new calibre users. in my case it may have been more a just-my-problem kind of thing since I always get boggled in complexity at first when doing something new that contains complexities because of a compulsion to ignore the simpler paths and explore the complexities to see how they work. I wasn't trying to use the provided new user paths to get started at first, I was going for too much way too fast and got boggled biting off more than I could chew.

Last edited by unboggling; 08-13-2011 at 10:04 PM.