View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 11:06 PM   #58
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Thanks everyone for making the first month a success.

I've come up with a twelve-month schedule for the club. I used a lot of your ideas in making it. I have decided to keep a few categories in that some may be less fond of because I want this club to encompass all of literature and challenge us. We will see how it goes. This schedule is experimental, and after we've tried it we can re-evaluate.

Here it is -

January: Poetry

February: Time Period (a time period will be chosen either at random or by poll and the nominations will come from that time period)

March: Member Lottery*

April: Obscure Works

May: Region (a region will be chosen either at random or by poll and the nominations will come from that region)

June: Short Stories

July: Highly Challenging Works (especially long or difficult works we may be hesitant to choose otherwise)

August: Member Lottery*

September: Non-Fiction

October: Plays

November: Member Lottery*

December: Open (anything considered literature)

*Member Lottery months - Anyone who voted or nominated in all the months since the previous Member Lottery may nominate themselves. Of the nominees, one will be chosen at random, who will then choose the selection for that month.

I hope the schedule is interesting and engaging for everyone. While it is somewhat set for now, we will take it month to month, and I do of course still welcome comments and ideas. I will start the July nominations thread within the next hour.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote