View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 12:50 AM   #6
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trane View Post
Used Kindle Previewer (latest) to convert to mobi and the info log, says "Page map not found" (or similar).
You probably got the following message:

Code:
Info(pagemap):I8000: No Page map found in the book
As you can see by the Info prefix, this is an informational message. I.e., it's nothing to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trane View Post
Is a page-map necessary?
No. Actually, if you added one to your book, it'd make your epub fail EPUBCheck, because it's vendor extension introduced by Adobe. (KindleGen will also accept NCX pagelists, which are epub-compliant.)

Theoretically, you could insert an NCX pagelist with my Pagelist plugin, but it'd pointless since Amazon KDP will usually ignore pagelists and page-maps in self-published books, unless a print edition exists and the page numbers are relevant.

BTW, when previewing your book with Kindle Previewer 3.x, make sure that you're getting the green Enhanced Typesetting check mark.

Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote