View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #58
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
DrBen,
I've never tried reading the jetBook (or pbooks!) in bright sunshine since that would give me a headache in any case, but there are many threads with screenshots of the jetBook together with eink readers in varying levels of light. Lowlight reading is quite acceptable though - even at levels where eink would need additional lighting (so I have read).
Battery is not user replaceable. But I haven't heard of any problems with the supplied battery.
Bed, Bath and Beyond sells them in many of their stores ($200 including the 20% off coupon).
Excellent portability.
Available today (I'm not certain of the Astak 5" availability date).

No you'll never be 100% happy or sad with any choice - there are pros and cons to all of the current devices - and that elusive ideal device is always promised to be coming in the not-too-distant future (as yet to be exactly named).
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote