View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 03:46 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelyn View Post
So far, I've purchased several formats in oder to test the sites.

.prc format from Mobiread - after conversion it looks like this: :Kk q9 0#>0Á Κ uy Z*u ' * b $E 5 +7[q s*U,J L }: D F VG ' nQ C5 fJ/{5 z

One book in .pdf - I was hoping that the pages could be saves as images but nope, they are blank.

(PDFRead) I had to play around with this to get the images sized properly for best reading quality but it works great on most files. http://pdfread.sourceforge.net/

I also tried .pdb but the site wants to authenticate the device and of course, I just want the file to convert it. I can only open the file on my PC.

Very frustrating.

Anyone know what sites books can be downloaded from that can then be converted into other formats? Anyone know if there is such a list of sites anywhere? That would help!
What you can do is purchase LIT format books and use CLIT to remove the DRM. You can either break the DRM and have a DRM free LIT file or convert the LIT to HTML. To convert to the Sony you have 3 options. LIT2LRF, HTML2LRF or Book Designer. LIT2LRF or HTML2LRF are the easiest choices in this case. But, it only converts to LRF. If you want some other format as well, then Book Designer is your only choice.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote