View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 02:01 PM   #13
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hainh View Post
My notification set.

FYI, my first attempt was failed, I downloaded the firmware on this thread and tried to upgrade then saw no 'Jail Broken' document, so I just stopped.
When you talk about where you stopped, were you talikng about the file used in Step 4, 5 or 6?

Step 4 should have the kindle reboot, for, 5-15 minutes depending on things ( the guy reading under a tree screen, and the progress bar ), that is normal. Tell us if it did not take a long time.

Step 5 is what actually does the jailbreak, and you can move onto that without hurting anything, as log as you follow the instructions from knc1's thread. If you get any problems with that, also stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
4. After validating the downloaded file, transfer the initial factory image from your computer to your Kindle.
Do not panic if the update is not immediate, it usually takes 10 minutes or longer.
If there is not a very noticeable delay and when you check USB storage the file has disappeared, that means this method will not work on the firmware version currently installed on your Kindle.

5. Download and install the current version of Branch Delay's factory firmware jail break.
This step installs two files, our signature certificate and a 'Jail Broken' document.
If the 'Jail Broken' document is not on your Kindle in the /documents folder after the completion of this step, then the certificate is not on it either!
If this happens to you, stop here and post about the problem, there is no reason to continue if the JB is now missing.
6. Download and install the current 'hotfix'

Last edited by coplate; 10-27-2017 at 02:07 PM.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote