View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 06:23 AM   #103
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
So, if I understand correctly, the free Freda is now a WinP8 app? And the full version will come in a couple of weeks?

(oh, and now I know I'll be able to run Freda when I get my Windows 8 tablet!)
This is all correct. In fact I was under some deadline pressure from Microsoft and Nokia to put out an update. So I pushed out an update (v3.1) to the free app. As it happens that version 3.1 was not a complete joy ... there was in particular a nasty concurrency bug that meant book downloads did not work on some phones, for some book sources. So, though 3.1 did add some useful new features (a new more Modern/Metro look, ability to highlight text ... ) on balance I think the users of the paid-for app will be glad to have missed out on that version. Release 3.2 of the free app (now just appeared on the Store) fixes that bug, and tidies up a few other things.

When I roll out the v3.3 update, I will be updating both the paid-for and the free apps to v3.3; I expect that to happen in the next couple of weeks. Exact timing will depend on how much of a task it turns out to be to add the ability to load books from the storage card. If that work goes quickly, you'll get that feature in v3.3 (but the release will take longer); if the storage card feature proves problematic, I'll hold it over to v3.4, but put out the v3.3 update that much more quicky.
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote