View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #27
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I have set the series information for all my sideloaded epubs, but Kobo is still in the process of adding series info to its books, so some of my kepubs didn't have it.

I discovered that if I download the epub version of those books and import them to into Calibre, then the series info from the epubs gets added to the kepubs automatically when I plug in the device. I don't know if this is supposed to happen, hopefully it won't cause any problems at the Kobo server end.
It is intentional. I use it with my books. As far as I can tell it doesn't cause any issues with the server. That information is sent from the server. The info that goes back should only be the current reading status and bookmarks. That should use the book id and userid to match with the server, nothing else. In any case, I have been doing this for a few months with no bad effects.

Also, if you don't want to add the epub to calibre, you can create an empty book. This is a book in calibre with all the metadata, but no actual ebook. If the book has the same title and author as the kepub, will match with the kepub and sync the series info with the device. An empty book is also handy for tracking paperbooks or wishlist items where you don't have the ebook.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote