View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #12
paperwastage
Groupie
paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.

Device: kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
@LostboyNZ: Thanks for the review! One of the reasons I never bought a kindle was because it had an ugly looking keyboard, and no SD card reader (and seemingly also a lower resolution).
I do prefer the 5-way pointer vs the buttons on the jetbook color... its annoying on the jetbook b/c the up-down is on the right side of the device, but the left-right is on the left side... at least put them closer together

Quote:
Anyone knows if it is possible to install programs on the operating system?

I saw a link about Comic Reader for Windows Mobile, and my imagination began to flow...???
Windows Mobile != Windows CE 6.0

They might share a similar underlying kernel depending on the version (i think WM 6.5 uses W CE 6.0 kernel), but CE is more like a really-really no-frills version that OEMs can customize while WM is more "complete" version

Since CE 6.0 is really old, there isn't much current info about it. I'm trying to look at ways to bypass the custom program that ectaco uses, but would be easier if I have a firmware dump to play with

jetBook color uses Freescale i.MX508 ARM A8

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/...?code=IMX50_SW

the processor itself has linux/android compatible drivers/kernels..... so its just breaking the job of breaking the WInCE hold on the jetbook color

Last edited by paperwastage; 03-04-2012 at 02:24 PM.
paperwastage is offline   Reply With Quote