View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 07:55 AM   #36
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Well, although I come late, I hope my experience is useful for you (I apologize for my English, I'll try my best). I have a PRS-350 and a Kobo touch, and I've briefly tested (it will be a present at the end) a Sony T1:
  1. If you want butttons for turning page, Kobo Touch goes out: only a button for going home
  2. If you want to export notes without Sony SW you can go with coolreader in a rooted T1 or the next release of PRS (I alreade have it at my 350 because I build it), that export notes as txt or jpg/bmp according to the type
  3. Perhaps notes are a bit faster at T1, because if you keep you finger over a word a lot of options appear, note among them. However, I don't know if coolreader works in that way, I didn't root it.

My option is 350 because:
  1. I don't want to root it: sorry, I develop software, not interested in messing with OS
  2. It's smaller, so it's great for carrying around in my purse at every places
  3. PRS offers me some features that rooted T1 doesn't, the most valuables for me -related to library management and something like that

But, between Kobo and T1, with your options: T1.

And about covers: I recommend a book-like cover too. I'm not a very careful person, and with a cover like that all my devices (6 at this moment) have survived to my use
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote