View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 05:22 AM   #6
drsteve
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot View Post
dontpanic, I suggest you to disable "auto-rotation" 'cos it good for mobile (but also distorb some users) and useless for device such EE.
I think some people would welcome the feature of autorotation by just turning the eDGe. enTourage said they were almost there. I'm sure someone in the community will be able to finish off or come up with their own reliable way to do it. After all enTourage had a deadline for hardware release and this was probably seen as low priority initially and just hasn't been revisited. As I've said before, the real plus of all this is that the hardware IS there. The software will catch up eventually now the open source community is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot View Post
Also, many apps doesn't work on EE 'cos it missing getPointerCount functions (Landroid/view/MotionEvent;.getPointerCount and so on). Yep, I know that EE hasn't multitouch capabilities, but if you hardcode to return "1", it will double the amount of apps which will work on EE
Way to go robot ! The benefit of open source community effort exemplified right there. I'm sure this is something enTourage can squeeze in to the next release (not wishing to encourage feature-creep). I'm sure a drastic increase in the number of supported apps is a major marketing feature for what seems like minimal effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
We almost got there, but like I said...not reliable enough. Maybe one of you clever folks can find a good use for it.
A gauntlet, which I'm sure will be picked up by somebody. It's an important piece of hardware in this day and age (people almost expect one nowadays) and to just have it sitting there in the eDGe unused seems a great shame.