View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 12:10 PM   #11
condor
condor began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Thanks for the info. There certainly are a lot of results for that search.

One of the difficulties is that the goal of modern XHTML page design is to be flexible, while I'm approaching this from the opposite direction of trying to force a specific page width. (with a possible second width for landscape mode)

I'm not very experienced with XHTML/CSS but have tried anything that I could find.

I'm still unable to force the page to stay a specific width in pixels. I can set the page width, but the Nook Color zooms in on the whole page rather than just changing the text size, which exceeds the original page width.

I also understand that the Nook Color does not support javascript, so any method that uses javascript to test screen size is out.

With epubs, the ADE software keeps the screen size fixed no matter what magnification you use.

I'm not confident that I can find a way to enforce a screen size in XHTML. I'm starting to think that it would be easier to display XHTML documents as an epub, especially if it would be possible to easily create or edit the contents of an epub without too many steps.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote