View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 12:50 AM   #67
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I have automatic management enabled as well.
Can be quite disconcertin at times when everything becomes rearranged on upgrading. All of a sudden I had many collections based on authors, series and tags.
Easily fixed of course but none of the collections were sorted by series.

I have a question if you don't mind my asking. If your collections are by series how do you organise the books(on ereader) by authors who have both series and standalone works?

I want my collections by author only and the books to be ordered by series if they are part of a series.
I have authors with six series and several standalone books, and authors with one book. Basically if there is an author I like, I would prefer to read the books in series order.
A flaw in my brain probably but my mental hierarchy goes author-> series.
Series->author just seems wrong to me when deciding what to read. No cohesive or coherency.
I know it won't be perfect but the way it used to work was perfect enough for me.
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote