View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
+1 for #4. However, on user-defined series I think merging is preferable (#1), since one can use index for sorting. So I would suggest that if you run into a name conflict that only involves series-type columns that the name is left as is.

For example, let's say I have a series (built-in column) John Doe and it has books 1-6 in it and another series (built-in) Jane Doe with books 1-3 & 5-7 in it. If I proceed to create a user-defined series column and place the value of Jane Doe[4] in it for the John Doe[3] then I would only want to see two series on the reader: John Doe (six books) and Jane Doe (seven books), with one book appearing in both series.

Does this approach make sense?
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote