Thread: PRS-600 Touch Electronic Bible
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
dclavey
ePub Junky
dclavey began at the beginning.

Device: Black Sony Touch PRS-600, iPad
Yes, that one gave me the idea .... however it has a full TOC and therefore requires scrolling of the first level, if looking up revelation this will be four page scrolls.

Hence my new first level TOC ... see point 1.

Once inside the bible its impossible to jump around. So what you really need is an inside and outside TOC. I will cut a KJV version this weekend and release it so people can comment ....

I am putting together a touch Bible in ePub format which will be usable at a Church Bible study.

Ideas:

1. Table of contents - TOC easy to use from a Sony device (Any) the menu's being based on 10 entries.

i.e. First TOP menu says:
Genesis - Deuteronomy
Joshua - Kings
Chronicicles - Job
James - Revelation

e.g. The Second Menu under James - Revelation says
James
1 Peter
2 Peter
1 John
2 John
3 John
Jude
Revelation

This means you can get to a verse within four touchs of the TOC

2. Chapter based files with Touch Hyperlink (sorry PRS-300, PRS-505 uses) indexes at the top to go back to Index (A touch version of TOC), Book, chapter within Book or verse in Book.

Verses also start with a Touch Hyperlink so you can jump back to the top of the Chapter again.

The main idea here being to be able to jump around the bible as quickly as possible.

3. (Optional) Spare blank page at the end of each chapter for writing Handwriting notes. (Or you can jump out of book and take notes, then jump back in again)

Notes can then be downloaded and collated, and Bible cleaned before next study.

4. I have the source text to various Bible versions in a SQL database and am working on an ePub with multiple versions. Its going to be big as a bible is typically 2.6 Meg in size. So a 5 version on may be 12.5 Meg in size. However as I have split the document into chapters I feel it will work very well.

5. I would have liked picture buttons which are Hyperlinkable, but ePub does not appear to support that. So all links are Text links. Possibly PDF or BBeB formats support Hyperlinkable picture buttons.

6. I am considering a study version, but need to get the notes electronically from somewhere first.

7. The bible generator code is stored in SQL Server and uses C# code to generate the ePub contents.

Anyone interested in a sharable version e.g. KJV. I have other versions but they are not shareable.

Any more ideas that you would like to see in an electronic Bible?

Last edited by dclavey; 10-13-2009 at 03:33 PM.
dclavey is offline   Reply With Quote