View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
DGma, I didn't vote yet because it's not multiple choice (I'm not complaining, I just haven't decided which one to pick ).

After we eat, we will all load into the van and head over to Great Meadows for the fireworks extravaganza. Great Meadows is a park where they hold the Gold Cup Steeple Chase race twice a year. It's a big deal here in Virginia horse country, although I've never actually been to it. The tickets are fairly expensive. The women where big fancy hats and the gentlemen are required to wear jackets so I've been told.
When we were in Arkansas, we lived between two huge man made lakes......dams built during the depression .

Every third, they would do fireworks off one of the bridges. The big deal was to take your boat, (we had a pontoon), get out there early, swim, eat, lounge, then wait for dark. (a port-a-potty on the boat was a must)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lake Norfork fireworks.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	31412  
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote