View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 05:55 AM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Another "glitch" of ADE

When I force a pagebreak after a particular element (with "page-break-after: always" CSS rule) it seems the next element's top margin is ignored, and it's rendered (by Adobe Digital Editions) at the top of the next page instead. So, for example:

[code]<div class="dedication">To my wife</div>

<h1>Chapter 1</h1>[</code]

if div.dedication has "page-break-after: always", there is, indeed a page break before Chapter 1, but the heading just ignores the "margin-top: 4em" in h1.

Is this a "bug" in ADE or am I mistaken in my interpretation of how pagebreaks should work? Is there a simple workaround? Any Adobe employee reading this who could fix it? I guess the Sony readers will have the same behaviour, am I right?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote