View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 03:17 PM   #69
Trane
Groupie
Trane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsTrane can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: android tablet
An afterthought.... doubt this could be the cause but a couple weeks ago or so when this all came up, I thought maybe Sigil was crashing due to lack of available memory. I only have 4GB RAM and there was about 4GB more in virtual memory. I know Sigil is light on resources but I also had Adobe open much of the time and when Sigil would crash it would seem to consume all CPU resources (which I know isn't memory) but the available memory was also on the low side (looking at Task Manager) at something like 715MB. So I up'd the virtual memory from 4GB to about 6GB.

I assume Windows would not use sectors currently occupied by data even if they were just temp folders... like the native Sigil temp folder... which I am realizing now was probably created when I first installed Sigil, before I changed the setting to use the J directory, which I did soon after installing it, but not immediately. (And I have been using Sigil for maybe 7 months now.) IOW, that native temp folder I found last night after I changed the .ini was probably created back when I installed Sigil, not last night.

HA. I just looked at the creation date and it was Feb 2014... I forgot I installed Sigil a few years back but didn't start using it until several months ago.
Trane is offline   Reply With Quote