View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 12:06 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I mean all thumbnails scaled to same height (160) and same width - aspect ratio not respected.
I didn't even notice this since long ago I decided to change all of my covers to 800x600. Aspect ratio on the TV I respect but on a cover, if it is close I'm fine with it.

Quote:
I would envisage switching between listview/gridview being done by two buttons (or a single toggle button) which could be accessed in the menu bar on any screen where CC is currently displaying the tiny thumbnail/author/title(series) info (which is what I'm calling listview). A grid choice of 2-across, 3-across, 4-across, 5-across would be nice.
This would be nice, I can see using this view once I got to an author.

Quote:
Now I don't know what the overhead of sending/holding all those image variations would be, so it may be totally impractical.
Moon+ actually extracts every cover (full size) when it imports the books to its database. This is quite an overhead in space used but it seems to make grabbing them very quick.

Quote:
It may be that you would prefer to leave this kind of cosmetic feature to the reader apps themselves, but speaking for myself, I would much rather use CC as my sole "book manager" and use the reader app purely for the rendering.
I too am using CC as my book manager and while I am ok with the functionality, visually appealing is a must for most folks.

You already know my desire to control the size of the Icons and fonts and maybe be able to change the background color and font color as well. If I could change icon and font sizes I'd be set, but I attached some examples of what Jackie was referring to.

Attached here is a sample grid and list view captured by my Nexus 7 from another app as an example. I wouldn't use either of these views for navigating, but once I got to the author, series or specific tag screen I would prefer a list view about the same size equivalent as what is attached but obviously with the great title, author and series info you already have formatted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-09-17 23.26.11.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	92530   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-09-17 23.26.18.png
Views:	392
Size:	805.6 KB
ID:	92531  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-18-2012 at 12:16 AM.