View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 10:50 AM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
I would be startled if Word 97 was the problem, since you state it crashes on HTML and RTF files as well as Word docs.

I'd start by removing BD entirely, then doing a clean re-install, starting with the 4.0 distribution files and then applying the most recent update to bring it to 5.0

I run BD under XP SP2 here, without issues. In my case, Office 2000 is installed, but I don't believe it matters. XP Media Center apparently does have quirks, as I've seen complaints about it elsewhere.
BD gives errors opening most file types (RTF, HTML, LIT) if you don't have Word installed (haven't had any crashes though). I just found this out when I installed BD on the XP Partition of my new computer. I had to dig out my Office 2007 Home disc & install Word to get things to work properly. Otherwise I the only file type I tried that would open was plain txt.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote