View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 11:38 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by schlonz View Post
Hmm, mine is larger.

its grown in about a 100 books.
Mine as my BASIC style sheet STARTING point (or first edit to be done)

I guess I failed to make another point.
All my books DO NOT look the same, even if they are "Text only"
( I do try and make a "series" look
Different chapter heading styles.
different Paragraph (block) styles

My "first" tweak of a CSS sets basic things that work nice with my 5" PEz (But I also look at what happens on the bigger screen.

Next I tame "white space". One screen for just the Chapter heading don't cut it with me 25% for Heading with Margins tops
(But I usually do give a single page to "Part 1" style type pages).

I lose any white space at the end of a chapter. (Chapters always start on a new page (even if the original printing did not.)

Obviously, my "style" does not work well on a tiny phone screen. and AFAIK the current standards do not have setting provisions for the huge differences in "CRT" size, orientation or aspect ratio
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote