View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 08:27 PM   #7
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
If I need to buy a book, I prefer an actual book(not a digital version).
You may be surprised how quickly that preference changes.

As for what device you might want: I have a Sony PRS-505, using Calibre rather than Sony's less-than-great software to manage my library of 2500 or so ebooks. Yes, that's a lot of books (though a fair chunk of them are short stories) but you may find yourself with just as many when you start rummaging around places like the Baen Free Library, or the public domain books available here on MR, at Project Gutenberg, and so on. I would strongly suggest you don't limit your planning to just library books. I suspect, given your spending limits, that you are on a strict budget (as am I) but if you're a heavy reader, a good ebook reader and a taste for classic and independently-published books can save you enough money to pay for the device many times over. I got mine so I could read Project Gutenberg in bed, and I've discovered that between Baen (my favorite SF pusher) and Smashwords (indie books, authors' backlists, etc.) I haven't bought a paperback from anywhere but the charity table in the supermarket for months.

You might want to ask a mod to move this thread over to the "Which device?" section -- you're more likely to get detailed help there.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote