View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 09:01 AM   #13
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Graphics adapters can be the source of these sort of problems, I usually over configure graphics adapters i.e. install more than I need, but on one system I talked myself into using a low end graphics adapter. After not much more than a year the machine would intermittently die - no blue screen, just turn itself off.

Long story short - since I threw out the low end adapter, and installed an ASUS GT640, the system has run fault free for over 2 years. It's now my development machine so I'm mainly running editors, browsers, compliers, IDE's etc. I usually have 8-10 programs running that I'm switching between, plus there are 20+ proglets on stand by in the tray. I had a suspicion at the time that running Word or Visio exacerbated the problem.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote