View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #5
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
or ( w/o installing anything) just switch to usbnetwork mode
But what lazy foo wants to take the easy way out?

Actually, I keep my kindles in usbnet mode all the time, and just use scp or WinSCP to get files in and out. You can protect it by changing the root password if you want. Simple and easy and keeps out the noobs (but not secure -- could MfgTool/flash default main, and access usb drive again). For total security, truecrypt really is the best option, but I have not installed it on any of my kindles yet.

But for NORMAL use, yes, just keep it in USBnet mode to keep it from showing as a USB drive.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote