View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 03:40 AM   #719
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinticket View Post
hey guys... i downloaded an ebook for my class and installed it on the wrong computer and didn't register the adobe digital edition... so i assumed it was stuck on that computer. i deleted the newer version of ade and got 7.1, deleted the registry stuff and delete the folder in my documents and tried making this work with ineptkey 4.3 and ineptpdf 7.3 but i keep getting the error "Error: problem decrypting session key". What am i doing wrong? D:
What you did wrong first was not registering the copy of Adobe Digital Editions before downloading your book. That tied the DRM to that particular installation, rather than to your Adobe ID.

Your second mistake was to delete the installation of ADE on the computer, since that was the copy that contained the key to decrypt your book.

I don't know how ADE chooses a DRM key without an Adobe ID. If it involves a random number generator, then there's no-way you'll decode that book. If it depends on the computer hardware, it's possible that re-installing ADE on the original computer and not registering an ID would allow you to read the book again.

If you do manage to get into a state where you can read the book with ADE, the current 'inept' scripts should allow you to remove the DRM

If you can't get the book to display with any ADE installaton, you'll have to ask your supplier very nicely to allow you to download it again to a new installation of ADE (and don't forget to register it with tyour Adobe ID first!). Since this will cost them money*, ask them very, very nicely.

Best of luck.

*Adobe charges a small few for every encryption with the Adobe Adept DRM scheme. It's currently £0.11 + VAT for a non-expiring certificate. As far as I can tell, the only way to see this price is to actually click on the "buy now" button on the Adobe Content Server product page. http://www.adobe.com/products/contentserver/
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote