View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 11:01 AM   #2
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Just found an interesting article about the launch (almost 10 years ago) of the Nuvomedia Rocket and Softbook eBook readers entitled "Devices turn the page on how we read" Two view-only products offer clear text and some useful features but don’t quite qualify as classics.

By Thomas R. Temin
Government Computer News Staff
August 23, 1999 issue

For those that can remember (and relish) those early daysl

Too bad these devices failed to spark interest in the then fledgling ebook community!
I was one of the early adopters for the Nuvomedia Rocket Ebook. It was a fantastic device, and My wife and I were still using it until she dropped it last year. That's when we bought our prs-500.

The resolution of the screen was great for text (although images weren't that great), and the backlight, dictionary, and note-taking capabilities were fantastic.

I still miss that device. The next generation devices that RCA built, and ebookwise sells, are good, but I didn't like my ebookwise 1150 as well as I liked the Rocket Ebook.

Nuvomedia was just way before their time on this one.
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote