View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 05:26 AM   #75
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobim View Post
Also, could anyone confirm that the data.tar.gz method works on 5.1.1? Sorry, it's not that I don't believe you, I just want to double check in order to minimize the chances of turning my Kindle into an expensive brick. ^^
data.tar.gz works on 5.1.1 from DIAGS only. You need an ENABLE_DIAGS file, and your RUNME.sh needs to mount main parition and edit it relative to the mount point, like this:

mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/mmc
cat /mnt/mmc/etc/shadow

There is a DIFFERENT method that works when booting from main. Details will be provided by those who developed it when it is needed.

There are other (unpublished) methods that work from diags as well, and you can always do the "simple debricking" method to install a pre-hacked partition image. So we have plenty of jailbreak (and debricking) options for the future. You do not need to worry about creating a "permanent" brick as long as simple debricking is available (in the sticky thread).

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-30-2012 at 06:05 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote