View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 06:04 AM   #42
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
@kacir:

I appreciate your detailed instructions, but your comment here is incorrect:
Quote:
You have used extensions.cfg from the archive without examining its contents or understanding how it works.
I have not used the extension.cfg at all. The readme file included in the zip package says:
Quote:
If you want to override default FBReader just copy folder 'system' to your PocketBook`s internal memory. That`s all.
That's what I did because I didn't want to mess around with the extensions.cfg and have no need to use the PB360 default version or multiple FBReader versions.

It seems in fact that if you want to only use the one FBReader version, you should only copy the FBReader app over to the /system/bin folder if you want to use that, and don't include the "/share" folder which is in the zip archive's "/system" folder:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
I ignored everything except the fbreader app; just copied it over and it all works fine.
Only had to disable the motion sensor which resets to enabled when I update the fbreader.
Even more setting options, I notice.
This is not what the instructions say - I suggest they should be updated... they always joke that you should never read the instructions, and look what happened when I did!...

Last edited by orwell2k; 02-09-2010 at 06:06 AM.
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote