View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 12:09 PM   #382
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgt1942 View Post
The next glitch was removing the check for the auto update.
Others have reported difficulty in getting the option to stick. I don't know why.

Quote:
Back in the Manage Content window I selected ALL and clicked the Deliver button but the books were NOT downloaded.
Not long ago you could only send ten books at a time. The current situation is a big improvement over that!

Quote:
I discovered that if I scrolled all the way down to the bottom, right-clicked on the last book and selected DOWNLOAD it would be downloaded. I had to this one-at-a-time for all of the books not downloaded.
The delivery process sometimes fails, especially if you queue a large number of books at once. When that happens you have to manually retry the unchecked books, as you found.

Quote:
I see numerous books in the manage content window that show "Update Available". I'm not sure what to do with these or how I can easily download all of the books that have been updated or if they have already been downloaded.
Those are books that have been updated by the publisher, with an update deemed important enough to push to prior purchasers. (Minor updates are not usually made available to those who previously purchased a book.)

You can press the "Update Available" button for each book to update them one-by-one or you can turn on "Automatic Book Updates" in the settings tab. That will make less work for you, but you will not know when updates have occurred. (You may want to be aware of future updates if you backup your purchases, for example.)

Last edited by jhowell; 03-21-2018 at 12:14 PM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote