Thread: Classic Anyone get to try the Nook?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #44
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaloney View Post
I tried one today as well, and I agree with you mostly. There was definite lag on the LCD screen that I was using, but page turns and such on the eInk were fine. I had no complaints whatsoever about reading on the device. Contrary to what you said, there were three fonts on the device I was using: Amasis, Helvetica Neue, and Light Classic. There were also five font sizes. I tried out several different text sizes, and was able to read without issue on all of them (including the extra small setting).
That's interesting that the unit you tried had three fonts - the one I tried did not have the light .

I tried all font sizes and I was able to read at all sizes - I just meant that I would like to see an additional zoom level.

The lag you are talking about is that on the LCD screen alone or between the LCD and eink?

I found the touch on the LCD sometimes sensitve - I think it will just be a matter of getting use to it.

My original pre-order is suppose to ship today, but I have not heard whether is will or be delayed like the first group..
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote