View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 12:03 PM   #14
pondscum
Enthusiast
pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.pondscum knows the square root of minus one.

Device: none
I guess it depends on what you want to do with the device. Me, I've previously been using an old 4th-generation Kindle, and just wanted to update to something with a better screen and frontlight that wasn't locked into Amazon's proprietary cloud for collection management the way the newer Kindle models are. So far I'm happy with the reading experience on the InkPad. The screen is very crisp, the frontlight is easy to adjust, etc. I did think all the preinstalled serif fonts were a little too light to read comfortably, and was pleased that installing additional fonts "just worked" (copy the .otf/.ttf files to system/fonts is all that's required). So for my purposes it's working well even without the latest firmware updates.
pondscum is offline   Reply With Quote