Thread: Kobo Start Menu
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 05:46 AM   #73
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
USE THIS PACKAGE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

KBStartMenu_03.zip (for FW 3.2.0) replaces previous versions. I tested it on a Touch. If you try it on other models, please let me know how it works.
I tested this on a Glo. The menu installs fine, I can tap various menu entries, which will be highlighted then. Nothing else happens.

As the Pinhole procedure or other ways for a factory reset won't work, I'm kind of stuck now with a useless device. I've bravely taken the risk, but sadly no award for me

Edit: If the device is turned off, it still shows the menu. If you tap the screen, no menu entry will be highlighted. Make sure the device is turned off, hold the light button, while pushing and holding the power button. This will cause a factory reset. In my case the device only resets, while pressing the buttons during a startup. This was a fast debricking!

Last edited by trekk; 03-01-2014 at 06:01 AM.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote