View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #132
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I think you're good to go. I just did the same thing with JP #3. I converted it to mobi first (optional, I think), removed the [PDOC] tag, but didn't add the [EBOK] tag, sent it from Calibre to my Fire over USB, and it showed up as NEW on the bottom of my bookshelf. You might have to scroll down to find the books.
This is very interesting. I did the same thing - converted an epub in Calibre, removing the [PDOC] tag first (with no [EBOK] tag added], and sent it to my Fire via Calibre. It did not show up on the bookshelf until I did a reboot.

The result is the same whether I send via Calibre or transfer the book via wifi to the Fire. A reboot is necessary for the newly added books to display on the bookshelf.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote