View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 02:35 PM   #125
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
They are in the documents folder and still show up in books. I know they carry the pdoc tag too. The only ones that show up in documents is the ones I email to my kindle.
Yikes! I'm a Kindle Keyboard user and I've agreed to provide the James Potter books in mobi format to my daughter (who is giving a Kindle Fire to her daughter for Christmas). The Grandaughter wants to read these three books.

so I read this entire thread and it is quite complex and confusing. So I can provide help, I need these questions answered:

is it possible to hook up the Fire via a USB cable to a PC or Mac and transfer the mobi books (without installing other software or resorting to email, clouds....etc.)?

if so will the Fire then allow these books to be read (i have removed the [PDOC] tag and added the [EBOK] tag) or are there some additional hoops to jump through?
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote