View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #4
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
The main item they talked about was the physical form factor. One edge is thicker, much like the spine of a magazine that was folded open. This s interesting because we had a discussion about this a year or so ago here on MR.

These ever thinner devices with thinner margins are not that comfortable to hold. A thicker edge would give you a firmer handgrip. The article also notes that it shifts the center of mass into your palm and so makes it feel lighter than it is.
That and also the thinner they get the more connectivity sacrifices they have to make. I would rather have a tablet that is a half an inch in thickness with SD card slots, hdmi and usb ports as opposed to have one that is much thinner but lacking any ports.

I'm sorry a half an inch is not thick.

I do like the form factor on this Sony, and it gives you full sized ports I do believe.

Last edited by boswd; 09-15-2011 at 12:21 PM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote