View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 08:22 AM   #5
UpSpin
Enthusiast
UpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitUpSpin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Sony PRS-650
If they really want to make something worth the additional money, they have to make something special and not just another Kindle.
- larger display (not only larger in height as they did with the 950, but also in width)
- faster refresh times. Current eInk technology is fast (just hold the page switch button and you see how fast eInk can work, or take a look at some videos which show that you can play games on them). So if you open a menu, don't do the full refresh thing (black, white, text) just show me the menu, I don't care if in a menu is a shadow from the background text.
- add a Wacom pen. I don't necessarily need a touchscreen, most often I change the pages with the buttons. And if I use the pen, then I use it to annotate or highlight something, so they could integrate a really useful pen, just as every Tablet PC has or even the Pocketbook.
- make compatible annotations and add a powerful note taking app. Maybe allow us to export them to Microsoft Journal and Office OneNote. In a PDF file use the markup standard so we can save the PDF file and open the PDF file on the PC and view the annotations in Adobe Reader.
- improve the current software, make the Reader faster and more customizable, PRS+ shows what people like/need.
- Allow developers to code their own apps and add them to the reader, make some larger integrated apps Open-Source, so developers can improve them (note taking app, PDF reader, ePUB reader)
- Keep the borders of the device small, I love the look of the Sony Reader.

Such an eReader is a powerful eReader, it's flexible and people can and will improve it on their own, it's a sunlight readable notebook you can draw sketches on it or take lecture notes, it would be the first real device capable replacing paper, because of the eInk display, Wacom pen, large display and flexible software.
UpSpin is offline   Reply With Quote