View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 08:44 AM   #9
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
Thanks Ducks-

I would never have thought to look in "Preferences: Advanced: Miscellaneous" but there it was - "open config directory". For future reference, Calibre keeps it config files in "C:\Users\(name)\AppDat\Roaming\calibre".

A lot of applications store their config info in "roaming", so I'm already backed up.

Thanks all - John
If you want to be sure that all your configuration data for Calibre, and other programs as well, gets backed up and restored with Windows 7, I highly recommend the free, built-in, Microsoft "Windows Easy Transfer" utility. It will save you hours and hours of time configuring your new or rebuilt PC, and it works across the 64-bit to 32-bit boundary as well. There's a standalone version on the Windows 7 DVD, and it's also in your Start, All-Programs, Accessories, System Tools folder.

Run on your current PC before you rebuild it, saving configuration (and data if you want) off to a USB stick, then run again after you rebuild to restore it.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote